Search This Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Whiff of Joy Blog Challenge 4 "Autumn Colours"

This week over on the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog the theme is "Autumn Colours". I have used one of the newest release stamps and coloured her with my ProMarkers using the following colours...
Ivory/Blush (Skin)
Pastel Yellow/Mustard/Gold (Hair)
Cornflower (Jeans)
Apricot/Moss (Top)
Ruby (Hair bows)
Moss/Ruby (Umbrella)
Pastel Blue (Shadows)

I have used October Afternoon papers from the "Daydreams" and "Detour" ranges and Core-dinations cardstock. The sentiment was done using core-dinations cardstock cut into strips and put through my ATB tape writer. Once the letters are embossed rub a piece of sandpaper over the top to reveal the lighter core... For the colour choices I just looked out of my lounge window and the colours I can see are blue (sky) green/orange & red (leaves)...I love Autumn, it is easily my favourite season....so much beauty and we always seem to have clearer blue skies than we do in the summer....just without the heat.

We had to cancel our plans to visit the Sacrewell Lodge Farm to pick a pumpkin as my cold has gotten a lost worse, and my head feels like it might explode....so instead I am having a cozy day crafting in my PJ's.

6 comments:

Rach said...

a beautiful card Caz, the papers are gorgeous. hope that you feel better soon. hugs rachxx

tracie said...

gorgeous card Ca, love this image and your coluring is as fab as always - beautiful layout too.
Hope you feel better soon :)x

Annie said...

sorry to hear you have the bug - its horrid! but your card is gorgeous and I love the colouring and how you did the greeting. I still haven't got one of those tape writers but think I might use some of my christmas money on one so will be asking you for tips on models and best places to go. hugs, annie x

michele said...

lovely card caz, love the colours. hope you are feeling better.
hugs mx

Donalda said...

Oh hon I just love this. Gorgeous work as always dear. Thanks for joining us this week for the WOJ challenge

carolann said...

This is beautiful and I love the colour combo xxxxxx