Search This Blog

Sunday, January 28, 2007

CHA and the new stuff...

I am sat here browsing through the sneak peaks posted on many of the US & UK Scrapping Forums, and I wonder where it all ends. It seems like every manufacturing is coming out with a different cutting system. We have the CraftRobo, Cricut, Pazzles, and Quickutz have just announced their new system...The Silhouette. With so many different manufacturers and systems coming onto the market, how do you decide which one to get?, and will there be a better one on the market only moments after you have made your purchase? With a price point of between £370 & £270 there are many things to consider. With the CraftRobo the initial outlay is the highest, but then you don't have to pay for cartridges, or downloads, but then there is the steep learning curve, and it needs to be connected to a PC. With the Cricut you have a price point of £265 with many online stores having special offers on at the moment. You don't need a PC, but the cartridges are in the region of £50 each. I am told it is very easy to use. I don't know anyone who has the Pazzles, although I see it regularly advertised in the US CK magazine. The Silhouette says that it will have downloads available, but whether they are free remains to be seen. It also says that it will cut any true type font, but again, can they be ones you already own? So by the time the next show happens later in the year, how many cutting systems will there be?

I also saw another new gadget from Making Memories....a Tag Curler, I mean, could they not have designed one tool last year...instead of giving us the Tag Maker last year, and the Tag Curler this year? Or is it just a ploy to part us with our hard earned cash.


I am loving the look of the new Love Elise range introduced by KI Memories. I think there is something for everyone. I know many people are frustrated at the lack of "boy" stuff, with so many manufacturers adding flowers & hearts to green/blue paper ranges. I am sure Elsie's line will be successful, and hope we see many more lines from her in the future.


For anyone who has been getting the Jenni Bowlin kits this past year, you will have seen her line of journalling cards. Well Autumn Leaves are releasing them as clear stamps. Also be Autumn Leaves are some fab Overlays by Jackie Eckles, I have recently purchased some digital overlays of hers. There are also some fab seal stamps and barcode stamps both by Katie Pertiet, which I quite sure will end up in my stash at some point.

For a stash addict, the trade shows are a glimpse into my future purchases, and while there is plenty that I won't be buying....there is plenty that is already on my shopping list.

5 comments:

Welly said...

I've had this whole cutting system dilema... but decided it's a CraftRobo that I want... when I have the funds to buy it of course. Such a manic choice though.

Carole Bryson said...

Wholeheartedly agree with ya Caz - it goes on and on ... yet we can't help ourselves by buying the stuff !! Can't wait to see some of the stuff you've mentioned in the shops tho, and to discover if there is a cheaper alternative to them !!

Thanks for the insight ! Cal xx

Nat said...

I'm loving lots of the new releases too - but managing to resist an expensive cutting system - I love my craft knife and a bit of fiddly hand work!! Love all your LO's and your header looks fab :) xxx

Di said...

Tricky isn't it! I would love a cutting system but with so many different ones on the market, what do you go for. I've got to admit I'm still drawn the the Robo.....well maybe one day anyway!!

Jen said...

i think i'd have to actually scrap to justify buying one of those cutting systems ;)