Search This Blog

Saturday, January 27, 2007

New Header

Well, I did manage my lie-in, can't remember the last time I got to sleep until 8am...LOL Since having breakfast I have been busy cleaning and tidying and I decided to take a break from housework (I know...dirty word to a real scrapper) and made a new Blog Header. David took this picture of me last week during our little photo shoot, when I was looking up at Georgia's balloon....and I kind of liked the lost look....contemplating, what I am not entirely sure.

Took delivery of some 7 Gypsies papers from QVC yesterday. Now QVC really could learn a thing or two from the Online Craft Stores. They sent them in a corrugated envelope...which is an improvment on their previous packaging. Sadly as the weather had been wet all week, they arrived a little soggy. Ironic really when Creative Imaginations Foam Stamps that I also ordered arrived packed in the same corrugated envelope, but also had a plastic bag around them. Anyway, back to the papers, approx half were beyond use, but the ones in the middle faired a little better. When I called QVC she wanted me to send them back, I explained that it wouldn't be worth it as most were a soggy mess, so she finally agreed to send me out a replacement pack...yipee.

David has just taken Georgia off for a walk, so the house is totally peaceful. I cannot remember when it has been this quiet...no tv, no music, just the gentle hum of the fridge/freezer. Well that didn't last long, no sooner had I typed it, than they walk through the door, leaving a muddy trail on the carpet in the hall.....arrggghhh, MEN.


Will leave you with more layouts done earlier this month. I took this picture of Georgia with Jody (my step niece) during a quiet moment in the afternoon. They look so comfy and cozy snuggled up together.
This layout was done for a Design Team call by Ribbon Mad on UKScrappers back in October, I think. Sadly I was unsuccesful, but I really loved the page, and that is all that matters in the long run, and I am on the ScrapaGoGo one now, so maybe these things happen for a reason.

Well back to the housework, as sadly it doesn't do itself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the LOs Caz, where did you get the diamante word from??

Veronica said...

ooohh shame about the papers - how disappointing - still at least QVC are quite good at replacing things. Both headers are great, but i prefer yesterdays, however having said that, do you want a pic of your daughter there all the time for anyone to see. I still want to know how you changed your header lololol.

Unknown said...

Laura, Diamante word is by Heidi Swapp. They are called Bling Words, they are lush, but a pain in the butt to lay straight on paper...LOL

Happyscrapper had them, but I think she is out of stock. I got mine from the US a while back, before they made it here.

scrapdolly said...

Love the new banner