Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Feeling Poorly...

Had been feeling the early signs of a cold, and when I woke up this morning my throat was sore and my nose was streaming. I must have blown it a million times today. It made me think of something my Mum used to say to me. I would say "Mum, my nose won't stop running" and she would say "Tell it to walk". I really do miss the silly things she used to say to me. So hard to believe that she will have been gone for 4 years at the beginning of May. I miss her every day...just talking to her, hearing her voice. Anyway before I have myself in tears, back to business. I managed to drag my sorry self off to the school to drop Georgia off, and on the way home felt incredibly sick, and decided to cancel my appointment for today. Bearing in mind that I had trouble making it home the mile from the school, I decided that a 70 mile round trip was not the most sensible thing to do. So I spent the day feeling sorry for myself and scrapping on the sofa. I had a little 6x6 canvas given to be by a team mate on UKS, and decided to make it for Georgia.
So here it is, when Georgia saw it her exact words were "Mummy, it's fantabulous", she is such a cutie. Knowing how poorly I was feeling she was such a little angel here this afternoon.

Anyway, I think I can hear the shower calling me, and then I am off to bed to watch the new series of CSI on Five.

5 comments:

cookcreateread said...

And she was right! "Fantabulous" it is! Lovely and girly and pretty :)

Eleanor said...

Beautiful, utterly yummious.
And I'll tell you what my dad used to say, as you're poorly, "this too will pass". And it will. And I miss him still so I know just where you're coming from. You just coddle yourself.
xx

Natalie said...

Oh it's beautiful, I just love it! :o)

Lynsey said...

canvas is so lush!!

Gin said...

Hi Caz, hope you are feeling better.Can identify with your comments about your Mum. Lost mine nearly 14 years ago but she pops into my mind every day and makes me smile. Love the LOs. See you Sunday.