Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Craftin' with the Kids...

Morning all, it's a beautiful morning here in my part of the UK...hope it is for you too.

Yesterday my daughter Georgia and I did a spot of crafting together using some of the Squiggle digi images. I love how quick and simple they are to use, and I can print a whole page of images for her to sit and colour...

So here are our cards...
Caz
I have used the Home Sweet Home digi image, and what an absolute bargain it is at just 99p and it drops straight into your inbox ready to be printed...no waiting for the pesky postman. I have made a key shaped card using a leaflet I received at the NEC craft show last month as a template to draw around. So that it would stand up I have attached it to an acetate card. I have coloured the house with my Copics using the following colours...
House - BG10/BG72/R17/YG03/E51/E47
The papers are all Crate Paper "Season" collection and I have used a rainbow and cloud stickers from the same range. I have added a sentiment by Craftwork Cards, and the rest of the sentiment has been done using my ATB tape writer. Apart from that all I added was a heart pin, a red dotted ribbon bow and the keyring bit is my Making Memories (been floating around my stash for a couple of years).

Georgia
Georgia has used the Fairy Gifts digi which we have printed out quite large. We used windows to print and printed 4 images on a sheet of A4...so she is approx A6 in size. Georgia has coloured with her Promarkers and added bling to fairy's crown....a girl needs to sparkle you know! She also made the flowers herself with a die I bought at the Ally Pally show this past weekend from Little Claire Designs. Basically it is like you are making a quilling flower but the edges are a little ruffled with makes the roses look so much more interesting.

Don't forget the April competition to be in with a chance of winning all those yummy goodies you just need to make a card with the sketch featuring a Squiggle image...details are HERE.

Well I am off now, got to make the most of the glorious sunshine...

5 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Hi Caz
I'm so glad the weather has been good for you too. We had a gorgeous few days but it was a bit cloudy this morning. Thank God the sun has managed to break through so I'm gonna go make the most of it too myself but before i do I just had to say how gorgeous yours and Georgias cards were! Great job

Dotty Jo said...

Great work from the girls, love your cards! Jo x

Cath x said...

Gorgeous cards, the key card is amazing!

Jane said...

Hi Caz!! Lovely to see you again at BSSS and thanks for all the tips! I still have this key leaflet too, what a brilliant idea!! Georgia's card is gorgeous too, she obviously takes after you! hugs, Jane xx