Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

It's Squiggle Time....

So, it's Tuesday again, and my turn to take over the Squiggle blog. Yesterday I was using Shrink Plastic to make a necklace for an ABC challenge (Anything But a Card), and decided to make some keyrings too. I have made the one above with the Fairy Gifts & Fairy Wishes digi images...you can just use one if you like, but at £1.99 each and available instantly they are such good value. The Shrink Plastic sheets are A4 so I printed two images per sheet and coloured them with my Copics. When colouring them you must try not to colour over the printed lines as it does stain the nib of your Copic, also the colours will become stronger when you shrink them. Once coloured I punched a hole in them using the largest hole punch on my Cropadile, and then heated them using my heat gun. If you have never used Shrink Plastic before remember to use something to hold the image still (I used tweezers) as they will blow around and also get extremely hot so don't use your hand....I managed to burn my arm on the desk afterwards....I forgot it would be warm for a while...lol. My 7 year old daughter Georgia picked up all the offcuts and wrote her name and drew pictures and we then made a hole in them and shrank them....now she has added them all to a little keyring....so keep the scraps as the kids will manage to use even the smallest pieces. Have a go over the Easter break...the kids can join in and will love the results.

I have also made a card using the same digi image....showing how versatile they are. I have also used the April Challenge Sketch by Tracy. I have coloured the main image again with Copics and the papers are all Bo Bunny "Love Bandit"...you can get both the Copics and Bo Bunny papers from Tracy @ Dies to Die For...plus a host of other wonderful products...

Be sure to join in with April Challenge to be in with a chance of winning a fab prize including stamps and a Cosmo Cricket paper pad...I am a little jealous as I wanted that pad and it is out of stock everywhere.

So come on, get those Squiggle images coloured and join in with April's challenge.

2 comments:

Gemma said...

Absolutely love your keyring, what a great idea! Gemma

Andrea said...

A fabulous idea for a keyring - love the little discs you've added to it. I was wondering - what was the shrink plastic like to put through the printer? Do you have to do anything special with it?
Love, Andrea xx