Search This Blog

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Cute Card Thursday - School's Out for Summer!!!


The challenge this week on Cute Card Thursday challenge blog is to create a card with a summer theme. With schools finishing for the summer this month in the UK, and schools in Scotland and USA having already finished we thought it the perfect time to make some teacher appreciation cards....or if your kids have already broken up for summer...then a summery themed/coloured card instead.

For my card I have used one of the new images from The Greeting Farm, this one is called Creepy Crew Wednesday. I have coloured her with Copics using the following colours...
Skin - E000/E00/E11/R20
Hair - E50/E51/E53/E55
Clothing - BG10/BG11/YG03/W1/W3/W5
The papers are all October Afternoon Report Card, I have used one of the die-cut journal cards and a couple of the stickers from the same range. The embellished with a matching bulldog clip, decorative pins, button, Stampin' Up Taffeta in basic gray, apples from Whiff of Joy that I got at Ally Pally, and a sentiment by Craftwork Cards from the Thank You pack. I created the zigzag edge of the paper using my Martha Stewart punch....has become one of my favourites as it works for male and female cards.

I also used this weeks sketch over on Papertake Weekly...thanks DawnyP, another rockin' sketch. 

Be sure to join in with our challenge this week to be in with a chance of winning a fabulous $25 voucher plus free shipping from Simon Says Stamp.

5 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, love your choice of colours, big hugs Pops x

Pop's Cards said...

The apples look fab x

Crafty Karen said...

Another gorgeous card, this is fantabulous! :-D

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a darling card Caz I love these new Creepers! Beth

Mandy said...

Fabulous card.

Thank you for joining in with our sketch challenge at PTW this week.

Mandy