Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Donkey Smiles...Kickin' it for Michelle


Here is a card I made last night for the challenge over on A Spoon Full of Sugar using the sketch over on Friday Sketchers. I have used the gorgeous freebie donkey image that was being given away by Whimsy Stamps. The image was designed by Melissa Jenkins and the sentiments by Ann Vento, and I think it is totally adorable. 

Here is what it says on the A Spoon Full of Sugar Blog...

We would like to share some sad news today, some of you may already know from her blog, our design team member Michelle had an accident about two weeks ago, which has left her with the loss of her right eye and a long road of recovery ahead. In an effort to cheer her up and raise awareness for what happened to Michelle we are holding a card drive in her honor. We have many generous companies and individuals helping us with this special card drive and we hope you will help too!
We are asking that everyone please create a card in dedication to Michelle and mail it off to her. We would love nothing more than to flood her mailbox with well wishes from around the world. Michelle has shared so much of herself on her blog and in her design team work and this is a just a small way for us to give back to her.


I have coloured the image with Copics using the following colours...
W0/W1/W2/W3/R29/R00/R01
The papers are all Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby and I have just added some pearls. As the card is being sent in th post I wanted to keep it pretty flat. I also cut around the image and added a cloud like shape as I didn't want to loose any of the doodling parts.

Be sure to check out the challenges this week....and make a card for Michelle. My Georgia loves the image so much she is currently sat colouring it with her Promarkers so that she can also make a card for Michelle.

3 comments:

mckinkle said...

One of the most beautiful donkey cards that Ive seen this past 2wks! Super cause and Im sure she will feel that so many crafters are thinking of her.
I look forward to joining in also.

Gorgeous card Caz!

Keryn x

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! Sorry to hear about michelle.
Hugs
Gracexx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is gorgeous Caz - such a dreadful thing that happened to Michelle, so sad. I will try and get a card off to her asap.
hugs
wynneth
x