Search This Blog

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Anyone for Anya? - Mum's the Word!

This week over on the Anyone for Anya? blog our theme is "Mum's the Word!", we want to see your cards for Mothers, which makes sense as next week is Mother's Day. Sadly I lost my Mum 7 years ago in May so don't have a card to make for her (MIL's is already made and as she reads my blog I can't show it...lol). So I decided to make a card for a Mum's Birthday. I have used The Greeting Farm Digi Stamp called "Royal Pain" and coloured her with Copics using the following colours...
Skin - E000/E00/E11/R20
Hair - C0/C1/C2
Clothing - C0/C1/C2/C3/C5/C7/C9/R46
The background of the card is Doodlebug Sugar Coated cardstock in Beetle Black and the patterned paper is by My Little Bicycle "Love Notes" and is a gorgeous flocked damask....hmmmm yum. I have added a couple of gorgeous Gardenia's in black and deep red from Wild Orchid Crafts, and a couple of heart pins and black lace from Creative Treasures all finished off with some grey pearl bling from my stash and a sentiment by Craftwork Cards.

I have also used the lovely sketch this week from Friday Sketchers. Be sure to pop over to both blogs and check out the gorgeous cards.

6 comments:

Viipula said...

Wow, gorgeous card! Black and red is great!
Hugs x Viipula from Finland

Aud said...

Fabulous and fun! =0)

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs,
Aud

Andrea said...

Oh wow! This is stunning - the roses are absolutely gorgeous.
Love, Andrea xx

aardvarkpest said...

Gorgeous card. Love the black and red and the roses.

Glenda

debbies said...

She's a little scary looking, but I adore your layout and beautiful coloring!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Another stunner Caz.
hugs
Sue x