Search This Blog

Friday, September 22, 2006

Well after the multitude of parcels that arrived on Wednesday I decided that I had to have a play with all my lovely new stash. I went to Sasha's house, which has become a Wednesday ritual, one that I really enjoy. I made this fab (even if I do say so myself) little mini book using 3 sheets of 12x12 folded. Let me know if you want to know how to make one. I think they are better than Paper Bag Book (which I love) because they are acid and lignin free, unlike paper bags. I used K&Co Maison Papers, plys 7Gypsies 97% complete stickers and hardware. I wanted a new brag book for my handbag so that I can carry around pictures of my school girl. So here it is...









I have yet to make up the cards to go into the 3 pockets. Georgia is going to write and draw pictures on those pieces of card for me to look at when I need a boost.

I also started a LO that evening, but the amount of cutting that was needed meant that I run out of time.cutting out the design...I even got my craft knife out. And here is the finished LO. Those of you that know me, know that my husband David works nights so I have to be home by 9pm every night...poor me! Anyway I was home early from work yesterday, and I only had 30 minutes before I needed to collect Georgia so I didn't want to start working on another clients books...so out came the unfinished LO. I finished I am really pleased with it, and feel my scrapping style has changed slightly. I credit the change to Elsie Flannigan and her book "52 Scrapbooking Challenges". It has inspired me so much, and I try not to over think a LO and try to just go with the flow. You will have to tell me if it is working... So here it is...

I also started to make another mini book for a dear friend. We met online through a shared passion for collecting Toys "R" Us Cabbage Patch Dolls. When the scrapping bug got me, I stopped collecting. She has been kind enough to "adopt" some of my kids from me. In the CPK collection community, you do not buy a doll, you adopt a kid. Anyway she was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I have been trying to offer support and encouragement for her to remain positive. Thankfully she has been given the good news that it had not spread to the Lymph Nodes, and she now just has to go through a course of radiotherapy. I wanted to make her a little book, so that she can put pictures of all the things that are important in her life, so that when the treatment gets her down, she can look at her little book, and all the reasons why she must continue the good fight. It is lovely citrus colours with a splash of bright pink...and is delicious. I will post pictures once it is complete.
I was described by a friend of mine recently as the Mini Book Queen, as she thinks I have a knack for making them. Not so sure about that, but I do love to see the face of people when you hand them over. I also need to make another book for a close friend whose Mum lost the battle with Breast Cancer earlier this year. I want her to be able to put all her keepsakes and notes that her Mum wrote her when she was nearing the end. I am sure I will end up in floods of tears while I make this one, as I had known her Mum, Jan, for my whole life, and she was more like family.
Better leave it at that for now, as I should be on my way to a Clients already.

1 comment:

Lynsey said...

Your photo book is fab, o queen of mini books. Come and see my kittens!!