Search This Blog

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 59 "Happy Mail"

This week over on Cute Card Thursday we have a theme of "Happy Mail", we want you to create a card to cheer someone up, or make their day.

Cute Card Thursday received this email from Vikki, after reading this you might like to send your Happy Mail to one of the children at Post pals!

Hello, I read that you do card challenges and I wondered if you would consider doing a challenge with a twist. I run Post Pals, we feature seriously ill children (most have cancer or are going through transplants) and their siblings on our website http://www.postpals.co.uk/ and invite members of the public to log on from around the world and send a card to a child. The aim is to make the child smile, but we have found it also helps their self esteem and parents often open them with a child during a procedure to distract them.

At the moment we are helping 120 children but they aren't getting much post.

I was wondering if you would do a challenge, instead of people just scanning in their card for the theme but they actually make one for a Post Pal child and send it off. I can't begin to tell you how much receiving a card means when your ill and isolated.

Thank you,Vikki

ps)You can see a video about what we do here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l42sKtdPXrw


For my card I have used this weeks sketch over on Papertake Weekly Challenge Blog . The main image is a Miss Anya stamp and I have coloured with Copics. The papers are all WRMK "Tiffanys", swirls are a QK Revolution die and the flowers are a mix of Prima and Craft Fairy attached with a spacer and a WRMK matching brad..

Here is the inside...


And the back....

Sorry for the rushed post, Georgia's school are going on a walk to the woods and one of the parents forgot and they are short an adult......so I am cancelling worl today and off to the woods for a walk....

Be back after lunch to tidy this post up...LMAO.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Card Caz, will definetely look at the send a child a card, enjoy your walk in the woods with Georgia and her school friends. takes me back.. love Avril xx

Unknown said...

Caz I have posted a link to Post Pals on my blog, hope this helps, having a bit of a cry reading their courages stories. What a worthwhile cause, hope everyone takes part. Hugs a weepy Avril xx

hotpotato said...

Hi Caz, I've just book marked the Pals site you have just mentioned and will definately be making and sending cards.......it's a fab idea.
Janina x

PS nice to speak to you at Ally P

Sue said...

Hi Caz
stunning card hun lovely colour combo, fabby layout. Lovely idea about sending cards will go n have a look, sue.x

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous card Caz!!

Lilacanglia said...

Wonderful card,
Will certainly send mine of when I have done it
Hugs
Angie

Deb said...

Fabulous card Caz, so love the pretty bright colours and of course the gorgeous Miss Anya! Have fun in the woods!
have a great day, Debx

Anonymous said...

Stunning hun, love the whole idea around it too.. and will have a go and send to them too!
Hugs, Marlenex

Lana Clarke said...

Your work is super and your colouring is just great
hugs
Lana x

Victoria said...

Fantastic card, love it to bits

Victoria
x

Minxy said...

What a great card and an even greater cause to make them :O)

Jessica Diedrich said...

Hey Caz!

Ok, two things-one, just so you know, I moved your BEAUTIFUL Anya cards into the "clubAnya showcase" section of the Galleria, where we like you to post cards you make using Anyas/Ians :) Just so you know, they have a home there :) I tried to email you but I couldn't find your addy :)

Two-I had NO idea you ran Post Pals...HOW can I HELP???? I would LOVE to send some cards to you-I'll cehck out this site but in the mean time if you want to let me know more about it I'd loveto help out. What a wonderful cause!

Three *(ok, i guess there were THREE things LOL!): your card is GAW-JUS!!!!!!! LOVE it!

Annie said...

Fab card Caz, and the cute ATC and other cards you made since I last visited your blog. hugs, annie x

Stephanie said...

I'm definately going to send a card in Caz - such a wonderful idea isn't it? Gorgeous card - loving the green eyeshadow!
Have a fab weekend, love Steph xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Caz, this is such a totally gorgeous card. I love the image and all that added detail. Stunning worl. Regarding the post pals, ive seen it on several blogs now and am definitely going to take part. Have a great weekend hunny, hugs Linda x

SemSee said...

Fab, fab, fab, Caz! LOVE IT! Hugs, Sem x

Marcea said...

Hi there Caz, wow, love yor card, she is such a cute image isn't she. Hope you enjoyed your walk in the woods. Great cause ... will deffo try and send in a card!
-x-

Tammy said...

Love the colors and the layout.
Great Job!

Paige said...

Loving the Card Caz and the stamp on the back is fantasic!!! I want one!!! ;)