Search This Blog

Monday, November 09, 2009

Just Magnolia - Distressing!


This week over on the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog the theme is "Distressing". I decided to make a wedding card after getting the mini bride & groom stamps for the Magnolia stand at the NEC on Saturday. I put them on top of the cake by masking Tilda before I stamped Edwin so that he is just slightly behind the train of Tilda's dress. All the images have been coloured with Copics using the following colours...
Skin - E000/E00/E11/R20
Tilda's Hair - E53
Edwin's Hair - E47
Tilda's Clothing - E50/R20/G21/YR31
Edwin's Clothing - R20/C1/C3/C5
Cake - E50/R20/R21
The papers are all by DCWV from the "Be Mine" stack, including the sentiment which was cut from one of the sheets in the pad. I have added some lace, pearl bling and string from my stash. The gorgeous paper roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I have used my Martha Stewart "branch" punch to add some foilage.

I loved this challenge and think it is my favourite wedding card I have ever made.....now I just need someone to get married....LOL So a huge thanks to the DT for inspiring me.

5 comments:

Neenie said...

This is gorgeous, Caz! I've not seen these stamps before and they're adorable. Fabulous colouring, as ever and a great layout.x :)

Juls said...

wow!! This is stunning! Love the image and the distressed look, and the real collage feel with all the different elements! fab card, love it!

Tab said...

OMG Caz your card is super delish! Love how you have used the mini's on top, that is too cute :o)!

So lovely to meet you Saturday :o), can't wait till next time, it was just a fabulous day from start to end!!..... and I hope Sunday went ok for you too, hun, I know you were worried about it.
Much love
Tab xxx

Jodie from Oz said...

Caz, OMG, stunning card, love the mini's they are adorable. Your flowers, lace, pearls and sentiment frame beautiful and your coolouring just wonderful.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Jo said...

Amazing Caz I just love these little magnolias and such a gorgeous card. Hugs Jo x