Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Some Odd Girl Challenge - Monochromatic!

Here is a card I made for the challenge over on the Some Odd Girl Blog, which is monochromatic. I have coloured her with Copics using the following colours...
Skin - E000/E00/E11/R20
Eyes - B21
Hair - 100/C3
Clothing - W0/W1/W2/W3/W5/W7
The papers are DCWV Linen Closet, which I have inked with Versamagic chalk ink in black. I have also used the sketch over on Friday Sketchers. I have embellished with some Stampin' Up taffeta ribbon in Basic Gray, Making Memories decorative puns, pearls and bling. I have used a Melissa Frances rub-on and also a Craftwork Cards circle sentiment.

Be sure to check out the Some Odd Girl Blog and also Friday Sketchers.

9 comments:

Larisa said...

Very nice card )) It seems to be so bright although the colours are not bright even. very nice image!!! Good colouring!!

Robin said...

LOVE your card Caroline! Colouring is amazing! Thanks so much for going monochromatic with Some Odd Girl!!!

misteejay said...

Gosh you've been busy. What with those lovely ATCs in the last post and this fab card I don't know how you manage it.

The monochrome colour scheme is very effective and surprisingly vibrant considering the limited colours.

Toni :o)

Caroline and Jayne said...

I like the mono tone look x
Why don't you pop along to our craft blog www.fiskarettes.co.uk We have competitions, challenges, charity events and even a class at the NEC (Birmingham with Shimelle lane - but you need to book x)You can inspire or be inspired :)

Kim Sonksen said...

Ohhh Caz - this is seriously YUMMYLICIOUSLY gorgeous. And the shine to the hair *shrieksindelight*.

I love everything about this card. Thanks so much for being ODD with us this week at http://someoddgirl.blogspot.com/

Buttercup said...

WOW again Caz! This is just precious and lovely!!!! I love it! :) XO

Janneke said...

Awesome card ;o) and great coloring!
Thank you for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Janneke X

Unknown said...

Caz I seriously bow to your coloring talent and skills! This is just fabby! And WOOT on 2! I am just lovin the grey scheme... big grey fan here if it wasn't obvious lol Thanks for being Odd twice over!

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! You sure do a fab job with monochromes. Adorable! xxD