Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Lily the Pink....


Ok, so if you are from the UK and in your 40's you may have the following words rolling around your brain right now...maybe it's just me!

We'll drink a drink a drink,
To Lily the pink the pink the pink,
The saviour of our human race,
For she invented, medicinal compound,
Most efficacious in every case.

Ok, so I know the tune and some of the words....just don't ask me to tell you what it means...Google it..."Lily the Pink" by Scaffold.

So I have digressed a little....well maybe a lot. Here is a card I was requested to make very on Wednesday night. It needed to be pink, pretty and have the name Lily on it. So I have used a cute Saturated Canary image called Party Hardy which I have coloured with Copics using the following colours...
Skin - E000/E00/E11/R20
Hair - E47/E49
Eyes - B21/B66
Clothing - E50/E51/E53/R81/R83/R85/RV29
The papers are all My Minds Eye Lost & Found 2 Blush which I have layered with some Bazzill Kraft cardstock. I have embellished with some AC Fabric Thickers for the "Lily", some gold ribbon from M&S, a Craftwork Cards sentiment, a couple of heart pins and finally some pearl bling. I also add some Glossy Accents to the eyes of all the Saturated Canary images that I colour as I think it really makes their eyes come to life.

Make sure you come back tomorrow as I will have my card for you, and details of a new challenge blog.....

4 comments:

June Nelson said...

Love this Caroline and I remeber lily the pink very well lol, mind im older than 40 lol xxx

Andrea said...

I love this card, and I love that song too! Definitely loving the Saturated Canary images!
Love, Andrea xx

Tracy S said...

Such a cutie! Love the way you used the pins and added the name.

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

I'm over 40 and remember this very well!! In fact it was my party piece when I was a wee gal :) I love it still as I taught it to my 3 year old niece, Lily! Love your card - I may have to CASE it if you don't mind?