Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Wedding Mini Books...

I wanted to give my cousin and his new wife a personal present for their wedding, so came up with the idea of a mini book, which I would fill with photos that I took on their day. So here is what I made...
It is a Bo Bunny Binder that I have covered with DCWV "Be Mine" papers and where the canvas on the binder meets the paper I have added some co-ordinating ribbons. I decorated with American Crafts Glitter Thickers, Bazzill tulle, pearl pin and some Martha Stewart butterflies. The inside is more of the same papers and embellishments...take a look at a couple of pages...

I will be filling it with photos this afternoon and giving it to them at breakfast in the Hotel before we leave...

I then decided that I would make one for my Auntie using all the same stuff....just a little different...so here is hers...
And a selection of the inside pages...
The mini books are very similar, I have just used slightly different paper combinations...one is a little more pink, the other a little more aqua.

We arrived at about 2pm...just as they were taking the photos, I didn't bother with any of the large group shots as I was only interested in getting the Bride & Groom. So when all the other guests boarded the red double decker London bus that was taking them all to the reception, I followed the official photographer and got some of the shots he was taking....don't worry he never complained and I stayed right out of this way...LOL.  The plan was to then print them once I got back from the reception (I took my Laptop and my little Canon Selphy Dye Sub printer) and hand them over in the morning over breakfast at the hotel...(can you hear the Mission Impossible music in your head...) Well all went to plan and we got back to the Hotel at a little after 1.15am, and David & Georgia fell straight into bed while I sat and printed 18 photos (9 for each book). I punched butterflies and swirl to overlap the photos, and I am so pleased to say that both recipients LOVED them, in fact every guest that saw them thought they were fantastic and said how fantastic the photos were, and what a wonderful gift it was. So much so that I have decided to make another for Rachel's lovely Mum, Anna. We stayed back this morning to help take down the decorations and clean the marquee as it is being used for another event tomorrow, and after went back to their house for a delicious lunch...and ended up sitting in the garden with the rest of my family (Aunt & Cousins) and waved off the newly weds off as they drove to the airport to go on their honeymoon.

We finally got home at 6pm, tired but having had a wonderful weekend...and now I am back in my craft room trying to get back on track with my DT commitments...I will be ready with a preview of one of the new Pixie Dust Studios 3rd June release, and also a Squiggle Stamps card...so make sure you are back tomorrow. I will also show pics this week of the third in the mini book series...and this time I will show you one with pics in it...just to prove it got finished.


7 comments:

lou said...

These are just lovely and I'm sure they will be treasured forever by the bride and groom. x

scrappyjacky said...

The books are gorgeous and I'm sure they'll love them.

Sandie said...

They're gorgeous Caz!! A fantastic gift :)

Jolara said...

wow that is really beautifull ! Hugs Joyce

Maria Laura Martins said...

Very beautiful your mini books...

peata said...

gorgeous mini. what a great gift to give.
toilet roll mini scrapbook comp

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

omg caz... are you sure your not wonder woman....!!! this scrapbook is wonderful and will be treasured forever....!!! and i know your mini books would be just as wonderful...!!!!! the bride and groom will be showing everyone there scrapbook...!!! and wow dedication staying up that late putting the pics in them 2...!!! brill
kaz_za