Search This Blog

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #21

This week over on Sketch Saturday there is a fab simple but stunning sketch to follow. I love it when the sketches are not too complicated...as the complicated ones tend to scare me and put me off. This week I have used one of my new Pink Collection Magnolia's as I have been practicing with different skintones here is another. I have coloured her with my ProMarkers using the following colours...
Cinnamon (Skin)
Umber (Hair)
Rose Pink/Lavender (Clothing, Socks & Bow)
Cinnamon (Bench)
Pastel Blue (Shadow)
I have used a sentiment stamp by Hero Arts and the tab was created by using on new Stampin' Up "Totally Tabs" and punched out with the SU tab punch. The papers are Blonde Moments "Sugar Dumpling" and I have inked the edges with a Brilliance DewDrop pad. Finally I added some Prima flowers with Doodlebug brads and some bling from my stash.

I am enjoying playing around and trying out different skintones....it is so satisfying when I have finished and accomplished something new. I was a bad girl yesterday and placed an order for 4...yes 4 of the ProMarker folders that hold 24 pens per folder (leaving me room for new colours) I am spending too much time searching for the colours, when I want to be colouring so decided it was a wise use of the money sitting in my Paypal account....well that's my story and I am sticking to it!

7 comments:

Annie said...

excuses! mind you, I actually sold something on ebay recently so I have a couple of quid in my account too, but perhaps need a bit more before I go on a spending spree! another fabby card and good to see different Tildas too. hugs, annie x

michele said...

fab card caz love the different skin tone, you have coloured her beautifully. sounds like a wise investment to me, you go girl!!!lol
hugs m xx

Emma said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours you have used.
Your colouring of the image is fab...I think I NEED promarkers.
Emma x

Mariska said...

What a great idea to experiment with the skin tones. Love the dark Tilda. Very pretty papers to by Blond Moments. Thank you for joning us at Sketch Saturday this week!

xxx
Mariska

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Lovely simple and elegant card! Lovely sentiment too!I've got 2 of those promarker storage cases and they are fab. I keep all my similar tones together and easy to find. Highly recommended. But i might need to get more as my collection expands :)

carolann said...

brilliant card hun xxxxx

COCO said...

fabulous card and i love the new tilda !!! your colouring is perfect !!!