Seeing that Donna Downey got stranded in Dusseldorf...and I was in the mood to play....I played. I found a video of a live webcast that Donna did for Prima showing her decorating one of her aprons. Well...I didn't have an apron, or most of the products she used....so I improvised, and this is what I made....I decorated an old toolbelt that I bought to use when I was a classroom assistant at Bonanza back in 2006.
The toolbelt was a plain canvas one, and I used Jo Sonja acrylic paint in turquoise and lime to paint it....I watered it down and applied it with a mini mister. I then left it to dry for a while. I have added two Prima bling swirls to the corner and an assortment of flowers...some by Prima and some from Wild Orchid Crafts here in the UK. I had one of Donna's fabric words and used the same verse she did on her apron, which was done on the computer, printed onto white cardstock and then I inked it with a couple of Versamagic chalk pads. I also added a ribbon trim to the top...it wasn't long enough that is why I added the flower in the opposite corner....I also think it balances it...better than putting it on the same side as the other larger flower.
I am pleased with how it turned out, and I did ask my other half to take a pic of me wearing it....but everyone he took I had my eyes shut...it is very sunny out in the garden...so I will try again later.