Search This Blog

Sunday, January 21, 2007

{Smile for the Camera...}

Well the weekend is almost over, and sadly no craft show as due to the foul weather on Thursday, the marque was damaged.

Instead David, Georgia and I had a mini photo shoot in the lounge. Before Xmas I ordered a pop-up background to use with my new Nikon D80 (one side is black and the other is white). I spent just over an hour beautifying myself (David's choice of words not mine....LOL) I changed into jeans and a black t-shirt (ala Venture style) and off we snapped. We bought a remote to take picture as it means we don't have to run back to the tripod to press the self timer. The reason for the pictures was that I desperately needed some photos of us both together for my February Scrapagogo Design Team work. Obviously there is a romantic theme to the kit...it is the February Kit after all.

Ok, so the pictures were all taken and this morning, I played around with them, coverted them to black & white and coverted them from RAW into JPegs...and then dashed over to Costco to get them printed out. I was pleased with how they turned out, and even more pleased with the finished projects I did with them. Cannot show pictures until the kit is out in the middle of next month.
I will however share a couple of pictures that I took yesterday. First is of David & I, adjusted the brightness due to indoor photography, changed to black & white, and also changed to hi key (think that is what you call it, please leave me a comment if I am wrong).

The second is of Georgia & I, when setting up the picture, the cat knocked the tripod, so we are not in the position we planned...but I liked the shot, so kept it. It is what I call a "Happy Accident".

5 comments:

Veronica said...

What a FANTASTIC banner you have - I am sooo jealous - how did you do that?
I am on beta blogger and have tried to put a photo on mine and it just won't work - so frustrating!!
Anyway you have a beautiful daughter, and your OH ain't bad either lolol.

Anonymous said...

I love your 'happy accident'! :o) It's not so conventional and I love that.

I'm so jealous of your camera and pop up background! The D80 is the camera I have been drooling over. How'd you find it?!

Love Gems xx

Di said...

Great blog :-) I'm hankering for a D80 too, I would love to see more of your pics.

Nat said...

Gorgeous pictures - really love the over exposed look! Lucky you having a pop up background - my OH tried to get me one for chrimbo but they were sold out at Jessops - so I have to make do with the bathroom wall for now lol!! xxx

Mandy Charlton, Photographer, Writer, Blogger said...

Great photos, love your layouts and your banner is fabbo, thanks for stopping by my blog xx