Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tiddly Inks Challenge - Christmas Time is Here...

This week over on the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog our theme is Christmas Time is Here. We want to see your Christmas cards or projects. This week I wanted to have a go at making a candle with a digi stamp. So off I went to PoundStretchers and bought some 3x6 inches round candles costing £1.49 each, plus of course some tissue paper and greaseproof paper.
To print onto the tissue paper you need to attach it to the card that you normally put through your printer. Attach it with masking tape as the tissue paper is very delicate and will easily rip. Now print the image, colour it and cut it out very closely. I coloured my image with Copics but you can also use pencils. Once coloured lay the image on the candle and wrap the greaseproof paper around....and heat it with your heat gun until the image is attached. The great thing about doing this with digi stamps is that you can print them whatever size you need. So on mine I have used a new image called Whatcha Givin'? from Tiddly Inks. I will be making some more of these for my stall at the Christmas Craft Fayre at Georgia's school next month. I will also be wrapping them in cellophane and adding a ribbon to make them look pretty.


Be sure to check out our challenge to see what the rest of the DT made.

5 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh so ADORABLE, Caz! I've been dying to make some of these. xxD

misteejay said...

Lovely candle Caz.

Toni :o)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Awesome Caz!!! I've always wanted to try this but just haven't been brave enough!!

You've given me the inspiration to do so!!

Love it! So pretty!

Hugs!
Meredith

Sam said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the tip on printing on tissue paper Caz, was wondering if this could be done the other day. Had this technique on my to do list for too long now!
Sam x

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

I am so glad you did this....I wondered how on earth you did it and now I know!!! :) LOVE IT!