Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 55 "Marshmallows & Chocolate"

A little news from me.....I offered my services to the DT over on Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog as a temporary stand in for Annie & Lynn (my fellow Tilda & Friends ATC DT Members) while they were taking a well deserved break, so for the next month I will be joining them.

This week the theme is "Marshmallows & Chocolate", so basically you use Pink & Brown on your card or project....one of my favourite colour combos. For my project I have made a gift bag...perfect for holding easter eggs, sweets...well anything really. This has been made with a white paper bag trimmed down to 4.5 x 3.5 inches. I have then created cardstock page to conceal the bag. Before sticking down the cardstock I have added some ribbon handles...this cute ribbon is by KI Memories Love Elsie "Betty" range. I have added a Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl. The paper for the base is 7Gypsies which I have inked with Distress Inks "Vintage Photo" and added some lipstick kisses with a stamp I got in the sale from Sir Stampalot and some pink versamagic chalk ink. I have embellished with Prima Blossom held on with a spacer and Doodlebug sugar coated brad, a heart pin, so lace, SU Choc Chip taffeta ribbon, a dragonfly charm and a tag by CI Creative Cafe range.
The back is also decorated in a smililar fashion...

Here is a picture of the side on view showing evidence of the original paper bag...

So come over and join us.....the rest of the super talented DT's cards are awesome.
Hugs

17 comments:

kaylou said...

fantastically gorgeous and yummy. love your work.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Lana Clarke said...

Caz your work is so fabulous......
I love this beautiful bag you have created ( I am addicted to making these at the mo) You have inspired me to join in this weeks challenge.

Lana Clarke said...

Hugs
Lana x

jo said...

oh wow its just soo very stunning , hugs jo x

Frances said...

fabulous bag Caz. Love all the little embellies, especially that tag! have a lovely Easter. Fran x

angelwhispers said...

Just love the Bag!! I agree with the colours they are fab to work with!! XX

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is a stunning bag card you have made Caz love your blog hugs Pascale

Anonymous said...

yum, good enough to eat !

Moni said...

OMG this bag is awesome, love the colours you used and sweet Gorjuss girl and flower and pin and ... Hugs, Moni

Deb said...

wow Caz you did us proud, such a fabulous creation for your first week on the DT! I so love the Gorjuss girl you used, you are so fab at using them!
Thank you so much for helping us out this month!
Have a fabulous Easter weekend! Debx

kc_froglady said...

Gosh this is fabulous! I love how you decorated both front and back of the bag. he he it doesn't even look like a bag anymore it is a small purse or tote :)

Unknown said...

I love this. So pretty! Happy Easter x

Allison said...

this is so yummy
AllisonX

Unknown said...

Love yours too. How adorable is this! You got it in the bag HA HA!

Roberta

Spyder said...

Love this!!

Kim x said...

Absolutely stunning, what a fantastic idea!
Kim x

Tammi said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is incredible...absolutely love every little thing about it! CUTE!