Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 9 "Men!"

This week over on The Sugar Bowl the challenge is to make a Mans card. Now I don't know about you, but 90% of my cards are for females....so I always struggle with male cards. Anyway for this card I have used Cowboy Luca and he has been coloured with Distress Inks using the following colours...
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Tea Dye (Hair)
Faded Jeans/Peeled Paint (blended) (Shirt)
Walnut Stain (Boots)
Vintage Photo (Chaps)
Antique Linen (Hat, Trousers & Neck Scarf)
Black Soot (Guns)

The papers are all MME, and I have added a sentiment by Craftwork Cards, string to make a lasso, and a Sheriff badge cut with a QK die in my Cuttlebug.

I have also decorated the inside with scraps left over...
There is a mystery prize this week....wonder what Sugar Nellie goodies will be in there....hmmmm yummy sugar...LOL

10 comments:

jan said...

Hi Caz, I agree, Men's cards are tricky. You have succeeded with this one though, it's great, the inside is as good as the outside.

Great colours and papers.

Hugs from Jan x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Caz,l love the stamp.

Hugs Riet.x

Louise said...

great card caz love the detail and the cute cowboy

Kruemel said...

Caz, your card is wonderful! I love the lasso-idea and the sherriff badge you used. Great job!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Anonymous said...

Great card Caz so cute, love it.

CraftyC said...

Fabulous card Caz, the papers work so well and its so beautifully coloured!
Clairex

Annika said...

Cool! Wonderful colouring and I love the lasso! Your work is fabulous (says a long-time lurker :D)

Artyjen said...

Super card, inside and out just love that lasso too!
xoxo

Kathy said...

Oh I love how this turned out!! That paper is fabulous with this adorble image!! Great details as well!
:)Kathy

Linda said...

lovely card. lin x