Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Friday Sketchers - Sketch 47

Here is a card I made last night using the sketch over on Friday Sketchers. For my main image I have used two of the new hAnglar & stAnglar Spring Club Kit, and they have been coloured with Distress Inks using the following colours...
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Walnut Stain (Hair)
Fired Brick (Baseball Hat)
Faded Jeans/Peeled Paint (Her Clothes & Hair Ties)
Faded Jeans/Tea Dye (His Clothes)

The papers are all October Afternoon "Night Light" & "HomeTown" and I have added some swirls cut with my QK Revolution die, some Prima blossoms attached with a Doodlebug sugar coated brad and spacer...all finished off with some red bling and a sentiment by Stampin' Up.

Here is a picture of the inside which is also decorated with the scraps left over.

It seems like everyone loved the flower I showed you yesterday (as learnt from Venessa Matthews), so I will write up a Tutorial and get it posted over the Bank Holiday weekend.....I will also try to add some pics of each stage....

21 comments:

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Caz, love the bold colours!
Clairex

Steph said...

Gorgeous papers, love the colours x

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh gorgeous card! I love your beautiful papers and the colouring on your image is fantastic!

Cathy said...

This is super cute!!! I love it!!Your coloring is great and I love the papers!!

Hugs, Cathy

kaylou said...

i love this, it's my favourite card of the day, just love all of it.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Sharon said...

Lovely papers Caz and gorgeous images. Looking forward to seeing how to do the flowers. They look brill.

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Caz,l love the stamps.

hugs Riet.x

Carol said...

Hi

Thanks for dropping by earlier

Love the card - colours and stamp gorgeous

Wishing you and yours a Happy Easter

Andrea, said...

Oh this is wonderful Caz, I love the papers, the colours are scruumy.
Have a wonderful Easter

Judi said...

Very sweet card.

Anonymous said...

Great card I love the colours x

Suzanne said...

Super card, I love the way you carried the style through to the inside with the scraps of paper.
Also could you let me know the name of the die swirl you used. Thanks Sue x

Silli said...

...your card is so beautiful. I love your coloring! The papers are so fab. Happy Easter. Hugs from Silke

Tracey said...

So cute! Love your card Caz! Happy Easter!!

Donna said...

You have some amazing cards on your blog Caz and this one is just gorgeous, such a cute image and fantastic DP's, thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog :) Donna x

jan said...

Aww very cute, lovely colours.

Jan xx

Viv said...

That a really cute card, love the colours!

ribenaruby said...

Thank you for visitng, it's really appreciated! Fab creation and love all the rich colours and ofcourse the cute images.Off to have a look at all your other makes.

Jill said...

beautiful card Caz, I love those bright papers and your colouring is wonderful hugs Jill xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

Love your colourful card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Caz, love the bright papers and sweet images.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x