Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Tilda and Friends ATC Challenge "Shine On"


This week over on the Tilda and Friends ATC Challenge Blog the theme is "Shine On". Now this had me stumped, every idea I had just didn't feel right....I thought sunshine, knight in shining armour (but the lovely Fran beat me to that idea), nothing was right. So after faffing for what seemed like a lifetime I saw some shiny paper in Georgia's crafting stash....so I pinched it (shhhh don't tell her). So for my two ATC's I covered a piece of card 1/8th of an inch smaller than the ATC size with the shiny paper and using Stazon and the Gorjuss Girls from Sugar Nellie I created two incredibly simple ATC's. What you cannot see in the pictures is that the silver paper has almost a rainbow colour that is like oil mixing with water whenever the sunshine hits it in the right angle. I did lay some other embellies on them, but they didn't look right and detracted of the pretty simplicity of the image stamped onto the shiny background.
So why don't you come and join us and show us your ideas with the "Shiny" theme. Annie & Lynn are taking a blogging rest at the moment, so Andrea and I are looking after the blog, so come over and support us and take part.

7 comments:

Kellie said...

They give a gorgeous effect Caz, love them!
Kel x

Andrea, said...

Fab ATCs Caz, they are so effective and I love the Gorjuss Girl images

kaylou said...

Genius I really like that idea.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo.

jan said...

Hi Caz,

Well they do say "less is more" don't they and that is certainly the case here, they are fabulous. Well done and your safe I won't tell Georgia! I promise. lol.

Hugs Jan xx

Stephanie said...

Very clever & so original - fantastic effect Caz xxx

jo said...

hi caz,
wow looks very stunning, umm will have to think of somethink
huggs jo x

Annie said...

what a stunner Caz and I bet those colours are fabby in real life. thanks so much for running the show for us. hugs, annie x