Search This Blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 8 "Tiets Sketch #2"

Over on The Sugar Bowl this week there is another fab sketch by Tiets. I love that the sketch is based on an A5 card.....I rarely make anything other than square cards. For mine I have used one of the Gorjuss Girls from collection 1.....I cannot wait to receive set 2....not long now.
To colour the main image I have used Distress Inks using the following colours....
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Tea Dye (Hair)
Peeled Paintm (Hat & Coat)
Dried Marigold (Dress)
Peeled Paint/Dried Marigold (Socks)
Tea Dye (Foxy)
The papers are by October Afternoon "Weather Vane" and I have also used some Stampin' Up Choc Chip cardstock for layering. The flowers are by Prima and I have attached them using Doodlebug sugar coated brads and spacers, I have also added a heart pin, some suede ribbon, bling and some leaves punches with a Woodware punch.

The inside has also been decorated with the leftover scraps...


Why not pop over...the DT have made some wonderful creations.....and there is a fabby prize too...

14 comments:

Jacilynn said...

This is really gorjuss! I love the colors and the DP is beautiful. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on your blog. I absolutely love your blog and all the beautiful creations.
Hugs,
Jacilynn

Artyjen said...

Ab Fab colourway. Loved the sketch too.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Fabulous and gorgeous Caz, love it :)
Huggles..
Marlene x

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Caz,l love the papers.

hugs riet.x

Marion said...

Such a beautiful card Caz. Can I ask how you watercolour with Distress inks?

Tracey said...

What a fantastic card Caz! You rock the layering!! xx

Bengelmama said...

Ohhh, this is a sweet Card.


Nadine

Christine said...

This card is beautiful. I truly love your style!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Bev said...

Fabulous card Caz, love all the layers, the papers you have used are just perfect x

jan said...

Great card Caz.

Hugs Jan x

Helen said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours and papers you've used!
Helen x

Kimmi said...

Beatuoful card. The colours are really vibrant! I love your colouring!

Kim x

Unknown said...

I don't know how you do it, but you do.. I just love the way you put your color paper together.. who would think it would turn out so beutiful on your cards.. WOW that is the hardest part of making card, picking my paper!
--fran--

Kathy said...

Beautiful card! Love the bright colors!! Great layering as well! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge :)kathy