Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 58 "Mirror Mirror"

This week over on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog we have a theme of "Mirror Mirror", we want you to use something shiny on your card/project. For my card I have used a Magnolia stamp from the new Chasing Butterflies Collection and she has been coloured with Distress Inks using the following colours...
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Walnut Stain (Hair)
Peeled Paint/Tea Dye (Umbrella)
Broken China & Peeled Paint blended (Coat)
Peeled Paint (Wellies)

The papers are all WRMK "Tiffanys" and I have used some Core-dinations cardstock, which I have sanded the edges of for layering. For the shiny part of this weeks theme I have used some metallic origami papers that I picked up at HobbyCraft earlier this week, and I have run them through the cuttlebug using an embossing folder. To finish off the card I have added flowers by Prima & Craft Fairy, attached with spacers and Doodlebug sugar coated brads. I also added some leaves done with a Woodware punch, some Anita's teal ribbon, and some bling from my stash and a sentiment by Craftwork Cards inked with chalk ink. Finally I have added some Glossy Accents to the rain and the puddle Tilda is standing in.

As you can see I decorated the inside with the leftover scraps...waste not want not, as they say...LOL

We have two guest designers this week, Marcea and Sam. We also have a fab prize for one lucky winner. A Stampin Up set called Botanical Blooms. Jenny from Made on the Farm has kindly donated it and she has also made a card to show you, using the set.
If you would like to see the other DT's work, the GD's and Jenny's just pop over to the blog. Can you find it all here.
Today my new washing machine arrives...finally peace will return to the house, instead of a jet plane taking off and landing in my kitchen on a daily basis....LOL
I have been busy playing with my new Copics, and tomorrow I will add a card that I have coloured with them.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card caz, brill colouring, luv the flowers & papers, fabby layout, sue.x

Sharon said...

Great card for the theme Caz. Love the embossed shiny card, really makes it stand out.
Congrats on your new washing machine. ;0)

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Caz, I love the fabulous embossing, it suits the rainy theme card perfectly~! Great use of the glossy accents too!
Have fun with your Copics, I am new to them too and love them, suddenly I can't stop colouring!
have a great day, Debx

craft mad Jenny said...

gorgeous papers, love the colourscheme too!

Beata Ewa said...

Wow, this is wonderful! Nice colours and lovely details!!

jan said...

Brilliant as always Caz. I love your use of papers and those flowers are adorable.

Hugs Jan x

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Caz, the papers are fab and I love the image, she is so sweet.
Have fun with your new Copics

Marcea said...

Another fab card hunny, love your shiny paper :o)
Thanks so much for having me on CCT
-x-

patzi said...

What a cute card.
I love the Image.

LG
Patzi