Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 57 "Getting Edgy"

This week over on the Cute Card Thursday the theme is "Getting Edgy". We want you to sand, tear or sew the edges on your card. For my card I have sanded the edges of all the papers and cardstock. The main image of my card is one of the Gorjuss Girls from set 1 by Sugar Nellie available from http://www.funkykits.co.uk/. I have coloured her with Distress Inks using the following colours....
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Black Soot (Hair)
Dusty Concord (Dress)
Peeled Paint/Dusty Concord (Tights)
The papers are all by Basic Grey "Wisteria" and I have also used Core-dinations cardstock. I have embellished the card with Prima Blossoms and other flowers that I got from the show at Ally Pally last weekend held in place with a Doodlebug sugar coated brad and a spacer. The leaves have been created with a punch by Woodware, and finally I have finished off with a sentiment by Craftwork Cards and some purple bling.

Here is a peek of the inside which I have decorated with the leftover scraps.

Please come over to the Cute Card Thursday Blog and join in the fun, it's such a pleasure for me to be a part of this team amoung such a talented group of crafters.

8 comments:

Nyten said...

wow, this was lovely!!
Hugs:-)

Sharon said...

Love the GG, and you made a gorgeous card for the theme with her.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Caz, those papers are so pretty, gorgeous colours and I love all the flowers and leaves. have a lovely Thursday

jo said...

wow its sooo stunning huggs jo x

Deb said...

fantastic card Caz, it is so gorgeous, love the image and those flowers are fabulous! Great way of using up the scraps, the insides look amazing!
Have a great day! Debx

Marcea said...

So pretty. These papers arrived for me today but I was at work so have to get them from the PO tomorrow - thanks for the sneaky peek :o)
Love this image, one of my fave GG
Have a lovely day
-x-

jan said...

Really lovely Caz, I need to get me a punch for leaves, where did you buy your Woodware one??

Jan xx

Spyder said...

Reallllly lovely card Love the leaves too

((Lyn))