Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

Friday Sketchers - Sketch 49 by Mumur of France

Here is a card I made yesterday using this weeks sketch over on Friday Sketchers. I have actually used the sketch in mirror image. I have chosen a Tilda from the Shabby Chic collection and coloured her with Distress Inks using the following colours...
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Walnut Stain (Hair)
Dusty Concord/Peeled Paint (Flowers in Hair)
Dusty Concord (Jacket & Shoes)
Peeled Paint (Trousers & Socks)

The papers are by Crafty Individuals book 1 that I got while I was at Ally Pally earlier this month, and I have also used some flowers that I got there, some are by Prima, others were from Craft Fairy, and the suede ones were from a kit that I got from Cleos Undomesticated Scrapping. I have attached them with spacers and Doodlebug sugar coated brads. I have added loads of buttons that came from my button mountain....I really do have that many...LOL Finally the thread was also from my ribbon.thread box and the sentiment is by Craftwork Cards.

I have also decorated the inside with some of the leftover scraps...
Thanks Mumur for the sketch and the DT for their inspiration. The team over on Friday Sketchers have said goodbye to Kristine of Norway this week.....so they are looking for a new DT member....not sure if I am brave enough to apply......will have to have a think....I woule worry that my sketches wouldn't be good enough.

We took David's 15 year old Astra for it's MOT today...and for the second year in a row it passed without needing any work....and without cautionary notices....YAY!

15 comments:

Sue said...

beautiful card Caz, luv the colour combo, scrummy papers, sue.x

Deb said...

fabulous card Caz, love those colours, the buttons are gorg!
Have a great evening! Debx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Caz,l love the stamp and colours.

Hugs Riett.x

Murielle said...

OH...Caz, your card is Fabulous!!!
I love your composition, the papers, details and colours are wonderful.
Your Tilda is adorable.
You have beautifully interpreted my sketch.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs, Mumur

kelly ledder said...

Lovely colourscheme xxx

Steph said...

Gorgeous card. Really like the idea of colouring the Craftwork Cards sentiment- hadn't thought of that!

Danni said...

Very pretty card! I love all the buttons you used!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow Caz what a gorgeous card, the colours are beautiful and all the detail, love it.
hugs
Sue x

SABEE said...

This is just so cute... love your creations Caz, they always inspire me !

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card. I love the colour combo.Love the buttons.

Glenda

scotspanda said...

oooh funky colours :o) love the papers they are lush

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Anne Essex said...

Fab card Caz,

I like the way you have used the distress inks and the insides are brill.

Anne E x

Unknown said...

Love this colour combo that's twice I have seen it used today.

Love Dawn xx

Cathy said...

Another gorgeous creation. This is so pretty!! I love everything about it!

Rach said...

wonderful colours Caz, great card, hugs rachxx