Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just Magnolia Week 2 "Pink & Green"

It's week two over on the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog and the theme is "Pink & Green". For my card I have used a cute Tilda from the Pink Collection in 2008. She has been coloured with Distress Inks using the following colours...
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Worn Lipstick (Blush)
Tea Dye (Hair)
Peeled Paint (Dress)
Tattered Rose & Worn Lipstick blended (Tights & Rose)
Shabby Shutters (Stem of Rose)

The papers are all Basic Grey "Porcelain" and I have layered them with Core-dinations cardstock that has been sanded around the edges. I have also used some gorgeous green velvet ribbon from my stash, some blossoms that I got at Ally Pally attached with a spacer and Doodlebug sugar coated brad, and a heart pin. The petals are made with a Woodware punch that I got from Ally Pally. Finally I had added a sentiment from Craftwork Cards.

I have also decorated the inside with left over scraps of the Basic Grey papers and have also added some more of the flowers to the inside too.
It is lovely to have a Magnolia dedicated challenge blog again, as I was disappointed when the Magnolia one went on to incorporate Stampavie stamps......as I much prefer Magnolia's....but then that is just my personal preference.

Have been having a relaxing day so far...doing off chores and now I am watching the F1 Bahrain Grand Prix.....Go Button!

19 comments:

Deb said...

so pretty, I do love those porcelain papers! The velvet ribbon is scrummy too! Debx

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Caz! I love pink & green together. So pretty!

Kit said...

Great card Caz, love those papers

kaylou said...

Hi Caz
yep i,ve just fiished watching the F1 yesh Button.
gorgeous card from you yet again.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Victoria said...

Lovely choice of papers with the image. Colours you've used are beautiful

Victoria
x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Caz,l love the stamp and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Mina said...

gorgeous card I love your pretty Tilda and so love Basicgrey...thanks for joining in the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

scrappyjacky said...

A gorgeous card...and such a cute Tilda.

Pink Dandelion said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers. Debs xx

Alex (Paper-and-More) said...

Great card love that image and the papers are fabulous, as is your colouring.

hugs
alexandra

Bev said...

Absolutley gorgeous card Caz, so much beautiful detail. Thanks for joining us this week x

Tab said...

Wow, stunning card, just love this sweet Tilda and those papers are delish, just perfect!
Hugs Tab xxx

SemSee said...

Beautiful, Caz! I'm in the middle of making my card for Just Magnolia, and funnily enough I've used the same image!!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Beautiful Caz, the detail is gorgeous
hugs
Sue

PS There is something from you on my blog x

jo said...

wow its amazing , huggs jo x

Unknown said...

wow caz, your card looks so pretty and fabulous again. so wonderful in colours, papers and embellishments. the coloration is fine.
big hugs, bea

Caroline and Jayne said...

love the colours of your card xxx
jayne

cats whiskers said...

This is Awesome love the wonderful colour scheme, paper and your fab colouring of that great image Thanks for joining us at Just magnolia
Hugs Jacqui x

Rach said...

A great card Caz,thank you for joining us at just magnolia this week. hugs rachxx