Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2008

Daring Card Makers "Sparkle & Bling"

For the first time ever I checked out the Daring Card Makers Challenge Blog...not sure why I have missed it in the past. Anyway, this week their challenge is "Sparkle & Bling" and as I am in the groove making Christmas cards, the theme fitted perfectly.

For this card I have used four Magnolia stamps. I masked twice to create the main image. I firstly stamped Tilda and her masked her and stamped the bauble, then I made a mask for the bauble and stamped over the who thing with the background stamp. The main image is coloured with ProMarkers using the following colours...
Ivory/Blush (Skin)
Cinnamon/Cocoa (Hair)
Ruby (Hat & Under Dress)
Vanilla (Socks & Over Dress)
Pastel Blue (Shadow)
Metallic Gold (Bauble)
To finish off the main image I added Sakura clear glitter gel pen to Tilda's hair and also Stickles "Diamond" glitter glue to the whole of the bauble, and boy does it sparke...although it is almost impossible to capture that on the photo. I have also used Stampin' Up Choc Chip cardstock, KI Memories Love Elsie "Noel" paper, and DCWV "Christmas Wishes" 6x6 paper pad. The final touches are a Magnolia "ticket" sentiment, a heart pin, a "made with love" heart charm, some Stampin' Up Choc Chip taffeta and some more bling.

I loved this challenge and will now add the blog to my list, and check back weekly.

14 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

great card cas

love the match of the papers and image colours

hugs jane x

Rika said...

What a lovely card!

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Caz, love the music background!
Clairex

Ultramum said...

Fabulous card :-)

Cazz said...

Great card Caz

well done xx

Annie said...

fabulous christmas card Caz and love all the sparkle. hugs, annie x

Catherine said...

love the card.
Alot of masking but it looks like it was worth it with the result you have got.

Unknown said...

Miss Tilda looks fabby sat on her bauble. Lovely card Caz. Sorry I've not been about much - I am spending 4 hours a night chained to my craft desk getting ready for a fair. Much love Lynn x

Stitchinwitch said...

Your card looks gorgeous

Zoe said...

I love this one! I like how you have sat her on the bauble!

michele said...

great card caz, your masking is brilliant! hugs mx

Lynsey said...

Love this one

SueH said...

We’re pleased you found the Daring Cardmakers Caz and look forward to seeing your creations in weeks to come.

Your card this week is so cute and you’ve done a great job in colouring in the image.

Thanks for joining in.

Julie said...

WOW and double WOW. I love the delicacy of these colours and how well they work for a christmas card.

Beautiful Caz

Hugs
Julie