Search This Blog

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Friday Sketchers - Sketch 27 by Kristine of Norway

Over on Friday Sketchers this week there is a fab sketch provided by Kristine from Norway, and as always some gorgeous DT cards to inspire you.

For my card I have used the new Magnolia Tilda as Lucia stap that I received on Thursday. I have coloured her with ProMarkers using the following colours...
Ivory/Blush (Skin)
Pastel Yellow/Mustard/Gold (Hair)
Blush (Wreath in hair)
Ruby (Sash around waist)
Gold (Flame of candle)
Pastel Blue (Shadow)
I have also added some cool grey 1 highlights to the white dress, and Sakura clear glitter gel pen on her hair and the flame of the candle. I also used the big "Silent Night" background having masked Tilda before I stamped it. The card I used was Stampin' Up Choc Chip, and the patterned paper is from the DCWV 6x6 paper pad. To embellish the card I added three layers ofPrima Blossoms attached with a brad and spacer, and added some Sakura clear glitter gel pen to make it sparkle. The ribbon is also by Stampin' Up and is the Choc Chip Taffeta, with a gold heart pin through it with an added tag that I punched with a new punch I bought by Woodware. Finally I added a sentiment from Studio G "Merry Christmas, and the "Angel" is from a mini set by Woodware, and also gently inked the background of the stamped image with Versa Magic chalk ink in "wheat", as the white cardstock was just too white and stood out too much.

I am really pleased with how it turned out, and I am loving that "Silent Night" background stamp....

10 comments:

Kristine said...

This is adorable Caz!
Thanks for using my sketch and joining FS!
Hugs
Kristine

Annie said...

just beautiful Caz, and such an unusual little Tilda. hugs, annie x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh wow what a cute card so beautifully done ,so need to by the back ground stamp now lolxxx
hugs Dawnxx

Heidi said...

Love your Lucia card its so beautiful

Hugs from
heidi

Kathy said...

I really like your card!! The image is adorable and I love the details!! Great interpretation of the sketch :)Kathy

Jilli said...

Beautiful card, love the stamps you've used. Jillix

Jilli said...

Beautiful card, love the stamps you've used. Jillix

michele said...

great card again caz! I love that backgroung stamp you used. hugs mx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fab. Michele x

COCO said...

Very nice card I love your work!!
The colors and the papers are beautiful!