Search This Blog

Friday, November 07, 2008

Santa is Coming...

My new Santa Collection stamps by Magnolia arrived from Sir Stampalot yesterday and I just couldn't resist inking them up to make this card. I have used the masking technique to create the background (Silent Night Background) and coloured Santa with ProMarkers using the following colours...
Ivory/Blush (Skin)
Ruby (Santa Suit)
Black (Boots)
Metallic Gold (Belt Buckle)
Amethyst/Aubergine/Gold (Parcels)
Cool Grey 2 (Sack)
I have used a Versa Magic Chalk Ink in "wheat" to soften the white of the card I stamped onto, and to age it a little. The papers I used are all from a DCWV 6x6 paper pad, and I have used the Stampin' Up spiral punch (notepad effect) on one of the pieces. I have finished off with some HobbyCraft 99p a reel ribbon (like American Craft) and added a red heart pin and tied a heart that says "Made with Love" that a dear friend let me have.....thanks Brummy Dutch Girl! Finally I added some Prima flowers with a brad and spacer and a little Sakura clear glitter gel pen for added sparkle and a sentiment also from Magnolia.

I really love this Santa stamp, I decided to only buy one from the range, and I am pleased with my choice. He is quite a large stamp, the piece of paper is about 4-4.5 inches square(ish), and the "Silent Night" background is gorgeous, and a great compliment to the Santa. I only got 3 stamps from the range....the background, the sentiment and the santa....how was that for restraint. I also got one of the Lucia stamps (Tilda as Lucia) and I have coloured her and will be making her into a card this evening.

10 comments:

Jills Scrappy Daze said...

Your card is gorgeous and the masking looks great. The santa looks cute and cuddly (how santa should look) Your colouring is so neat. Super card.
Hugs
Jill x x

Classroomfree said...

Love that image - great card :o)

Valérie Goldenschue said...

superbe, j'adore

Tara said...

Fab cards as usual..... I love everything you do, and for that reason I am passing on the "I love your blog" award.. please see here
http://ihaventgotacleverblogname.blogspot.com/
Thanks, Tara

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Great card and I love your silent night background..looks great with Santa.

Judy x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fantastic. Love the papers also. Michele x

crafty amy said...

Another gorgeous card I love the way you coloured the santa. I have given you an award on my blog as I find your work so inspiring.

Amy xx

Ila said...

Wow!! Absolutley Gorgeous!! I love the background stamp as well as the Santa....Fabulous layout and coloring!!...Hugs, Ila

Annie said...

just fabulous! love this Santa with his sack of presents. hugs, annie x

michele said...

gorgeous card caz! beautifully coloured. hugs mx