Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Something Different...

Here is a card I have been wanting to make for so long. I saw the character coloured like this on the hAnglar & stAnglar Blog earlier this year and thought it looked soooo cool, but back then I only had one grey pen....since then I have completed my ProMarker set, and have fifteen....yes all fifteen greys...LOL Now if someone had told me I would get them all, I would have laughed, but trust me it does make a difference having a range of greys especially when doing this card.
So I normally list all my colours, but this time I can't remember exactly which part was coloured with which pen, but I can tell you that I used Warm Grey 1/2/3/4 & 5. The papers used are PaperMania (star paper), 7Gypsies (text paper), DCWV white embossed cardstock. I have also used some random buttons from my stash (the stars were bought from Sandown craft show about 3 or more years ago), heart pin and some Bazzill tulle.....I love this stuff, and only found it recently after I got some in my December ScrapaGoGo DT kit....and now I have some in ten different colours...LOL. Finally I created the sentiment with Tim Holtz "Adage Tickets" and Making Memories "tiny alphas".

I am pleased that it turned out so well...you know how it is when you have had an idea in your head for ages...sometimes it never comes out as well as you had imagined it.

So recently I discovered a new crafting forum, run in the US and full of International Crafters...so check it out www.papercraftplanet.com and feel free to add me to your "friends"...I have even set up a hAnglar & stAnglar lovers group.

5 comments:

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Wow! This is so stunning! I love it! The text paper is fabulous and the little highlights of colour are just perfect! What an amzing card!

Judy x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow amazing card so stunning and gorgeous ,Dawnxx

Cazz said...

this is sooo sweet x

Chrissie said...

This is the second time I've seen some little cuties done in monochrome colours Caz and I think they look fabulous! Well done on all those grey pens, I've only got 2!

Annie said...

I love this card Caz, the greys are beautifully soft and subtle. I do have most of the grey Polychromos pencils so know what you mean about 'needing' them all! hugs, annie x