Search This Blog

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #24

This week over on Sketch Saturday the lovely DT has come up with another fab sketch. For my card I have used one of the new Magnolia Santa collection and the "silent night" background stamp (I used the masking technique again). Santa has been coloured with ProMarkers using the following colours...
Ivory/Blush (Skin)
Ruby/Black/Metallic Gold (Santa Suit)
Black (Boots)
Cool Grey 2 (Gift Sack)
Ruby/Holly/Forest Green/Metallic Gold (Parcels)
I have used some Core-dinations cardstock for matting and DCWV 6x6 christmas paper pad. One the main image I turned the corner over and secured with a green heart pin. I also used some American Craft velvet ribbon, Prima Blossoms with a PaperMania glitter brad and a spacer bead, finished off all over with some Sakura clear glitter gel pen. On the sentiment and the main image I added some Versa Magic chalk ink in "wheat" to soften the harshness of the white cardstock, and to make it look like aged music score.

Thanks ladies, such a fab sketch.

19 comments:

Annie said...

hey it's that fabby Santa again! beautiful card Caz and love the traditional red/green colours. hugs, annie x

Rach said...

a fabulous card Caz, great colour scheme. hugs rachxx

Dawn said...

Great card and details - love those stamps too!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Amazing card so gorgeous ,love it ,Dawnxxx

mueppi said...

Wonderful card, Caz!
I love your colouring and this image!
Hugs Gisela

tracie said...

fabulous card Caz, Oh I love this Santa - great work. Thanks for joining us this week :)x

Claire said...

Great card, I love the Santa image you've used.

Claire

SCRAP DIDI said...

wooh is beautiful card i love image and i love colors , musique
diidi

Gill said...

fabulous card, love the colours and your image is gorgeous especially with the sheet music behind, thanks for joining us this week
Gill x

jo said...

wow stunning card, love the layout huggs jo x

Cazz said...

Lovely card Caz and you have a really nice blog. I shall pop back and see what else you have been up too xx

COCO said...

beautiful card I love!
thank you for your participation!
very fabulous !!!

Simone said...

Oh...my friend, you card is delicious!!!!
Simone

Mrs Wonka said...

I love this santa....may just have to get my hands on one!

Mrs W x

Sonia said...

I love this Santa and the colouring is fab, love it :)
Hugs Sonia x

michele said...

beautiful card and colouring!!
hugs mx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fantastic. Michele x

Jo said...

Oh Caz! what a gorgeous christmas card!
Thank you for joining in!
Jo xx

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ahhh this is so gorgeouss :) You can send it to me ;)

thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

hugs Ria

p.s. Check out my blog for blogcandy.