Search This Blog

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Daring CardMakers meets Friday Sketchers

Here is a card I made this morning combining the sketch over on Friday Sketchers (#37) and the theme over on Daring CardMakers, to use three patterned papers. For my card I have used one of the new Elisabeth Bell stamps that I won as Blog Candy from Sugar Nellie, and she is called ChickaDee. I have coloured her with Distress Inks using the following colours...
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Scattered Straw (Hair & Chick)
Peeled Paint (Dress & Hair Bows)
Spiced Marmalade (Apron)
Dried Marigold (Flowers in her hair)
The papers are all by My Minds Eye, but the two yellow ones are "29th Street Market" and the green is from "Dreamy2". I have also used some American Craft ribbon, a couple of Prima "Dude" Painterly Petals attached with a brad and spacer, a heart pin and some random bling. The swirls were done with my QK Revolution die and the sentiment is my Stampin' Up.

The cards over on both blogs are fab, and well worth a look....you can find links on the right hand side under my Challenge's List.

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

Another beauty Caz - how do you do it?!! BTW so sweet of you, I wasn't hinting though I promise lol xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous again sweetie! :)
Hugs, Marlene x

Jills Scrappy Daze said...

Wonderful card Caz. The colours look great.
Hugs
Jill x x

Chrissie said...

I love all your latest cards, made with these gorgeous new stamps Caz!
Congratulations on winning and you certainly chose the right thing to win too, what a wonderful prize.

Lythan said...

there is so much to look at on this wonderful card - truly inspirational!

Riet said...

wowww Caz what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.xx

Kit said...

beautiful card Caz love the papers you have used
Best wishes Kit x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So beautiful Caz and your colouring is gorgeous and I just adore the colour scheme, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Mich said...

Great card. I like that you have used other colours than what one normally would use, but it's oh so beautiful !!!

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Caz and I love the swirls!
Clairex

Lea L. said...

Lovely card...fabulous colors!! So bright and cheery! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Rach said...

a beautiful card Caz, love the image and the papers that you have used, congratulations on your winning of your stamp. Hugs rachxx

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and the swirls.

Glenda

SueH said...

Beautiful card Caz.

Those MME papers are something special aren’t they? I used them on my card too!

The colours are chosen are stunning and you’ve done a great job of matching the colours on the image.

Carole said...

Lovely card..thanks for trying my sketch.
Carole

Ali Watson said...

Gorgeous card CAz, fab colour combo.

Annie said...

Caz she is just gorgeous! I have got to have her! hugs, annie x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Just stunning! love the colour scheme and the colouring is fantastic