Search This Blog

Friday, February 06, 2009

Daring Cardmakers "Oriental Splendour"

This week over on the Daring Cardmakers Challenge Blog the theme is "Oriental Splendour", make an oriental card without using red or black.

For my card I have used three japanese dolls from the 2009 Hero Arts Debut set, and they have been coloured with distress inks using the following colours...
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Worn Lipstick (Kimono's and Accessories)

The papers are by SEI "Chocolat range that came in my February ScrapaGoGo kit, as was the ribbon. I have also added a sentiment by Printworks, a heart pin and some Stampin' Up Choc Chip Taffeta.

I really love these Hero Arts stamps as they remind me so much of my Momiji dolls. Check out the challenge this week, the DT cards are well worth a look....so thanks ladies.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card Caz - first time I've seen these inked up and coloured. They are fabby. Lol Lynn x

SueH said...

That’s a great set of stamps Caz and one cute card!
Are the little lantern and flower part of the set too>

Thanks for joining in with my DCM’s dare this week.

Sue
x

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Oh I love it Caz! These stamps are so much fun and I love the colour scheme! xx

(Oops, fluffed up the last comment!! Sorry!)

Stephanie said...

That's an adoreable card Caz x

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Caz.

hugs Riet.x

Caryn said...

Ooh my favourite stamps. This is gorgeous - love the quirky angles!

Caryn xxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

These are fabulous stamps and create a unique card!! I love it !

Judy x

artfulstampin said...

That is just the cutest! love the colour combo you went for too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! This is just as cute as can be!! Totally LOVE this!! :) Great oriental design!

Annie said...

fabulous card Caz, love the little dolls and how you coloured them. hugs, annie x

Sue said...

I love these stamps, I ended up with the Russian dolls but it was a tough choice, beautiful card colours are gorgeous

Sue said...

I love these stamps, I ended up with the Russian dolls but it was a tough choice, beautiful card colours are gorgeous

Heather ~ Faerie Song said...

I've had fun visiting your blog today!! Love your oriental challenge card!! Sooo pretty!
Heather Adams
Faerie Song Art Stamps
http://www.faeriesong.com/artstamps

Lythan said...

you are not helping me resist these stamps as they look so wonderful on your card!

Conibaer said...

Oh, what a beautiful card! I just ordered these stamps too! You did an awesome job with them!!!