Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Friday Sketchers - Sketch 40 by Jacqueline of the Netherlands

This week over on Friday Sketchers there is a lovely simple sketch provided by Jacqueline from the Netherlands. For my card I have used the Stampin' Up set "Crazy for Cupcakes" and have coloured the image with Distress Inks. The papers are by My Minds Eye "Everyday Tango - Sherbert", and I have added flourished cut with my QK revolution die, flowers using an SU punch, layered with silicone glue between each layer to add dimension. For added sparkle I have added stickles to the top layer of the flower and bling to the corners of the card.

Here is a picture of the inside which has been decorated in a the same style with scraps of the papers, plus more swirls and flowers...and stickles.

I really enjoyed this sketch and found myself adding elements once the basic layout had been made. Thanks Jacqueline and the DT for your inspiration.

14 comments:

SCRAP DIDI said...

HI
very beautiful card caz!
I love the colors and image!
I would like to know tilda and friends when you said to the guest desinger!
thank you very much!

hugs didi

Unknown said...

I agree - it's a fabby sketch but WOW you have made the most amazingly striking card with it babes. I love the swirls and flowers so much. Lol Lynn ♥

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous & sooo PINK!!! :o)x

Monique said...

Beautiful Caz, Love these wonderful colors together!

xx Monique

Riet said...

woww Caz,what a beautiful card.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.xx

Helen Ding said...

Gorgeous card Caz.
I know you've had this award before but I had to add you to my list, have a look at my blog

Cardmaking Galore said...

Stunning card! love the colours you used

aardvarkpest said...

Fabulous card. Great colour combo. Love the swirls.

Glenda

Anonymous said...

Indeed a fabby card but listen up everyone!!
This card is even more amazing in the flesh.. and I should know.. I've touched it!!!! lol

Missin ya already babe!

Hugs, Marlene x

Rach said...

a delish card, the sentiment is very apt. and i love the swirls.x

tracy said...

A beautiful card Caz love the colour combinations its making me very hungry yummy.
Tracy x

Beth said...

This is so fab, I love everything about it - especially the yummy cakes! xx

Nancy said...

Eine wundervolle Karte!!

LG
Nancy

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Love to see what you created with my sketch. Beautiful card, great brown/pink combination! The inside is great, could be seperat cards!! Great job. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers. Love from Holland,
jacqueline