Search This Blog

Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge #37 & Papertake Weekly Challenge "Heart & Flowers"

This week over on the Papertake Weekly Challenge Blog the theme is "Hearts & Flowers" and I have teamed it with the lovely sketch over on A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge Blog provided by Tina46.

For my card I have used two of the new Magnolia Love Collection, both have been coloured with Distress Inks using the following colours...

Tattered Rose (Skin)
Worn Lipstick (Blush)
Milled Lavender (Dress)
Frayed Burlap (Hair)
Black Soot/Frayed Burlap (Bow & Arrow)
Weathered Wood (Shadow)

I have used SEI "Chocolat" papers, Bazzill cardstock, Maya Road Blossom, Basic Grey Stickers (all these items are from the ScrapaGoGo February 2009 Kit), and I have also used Stampin' Up Choc Chip Taffeta and a charm given to me by Marlene.

I am really pleased with the card, and love all the elements used....and that stamp...just too cute.
To check out both the challenges that I combined to make this card...follow the links to the right. There are some gorgeous cards, and it is well worth checking them out.

More snow arrived early this morning, so Georgia is off school and David spend over one hour waiting at junction 13 to join the M1 trying to get to work....he eventually gave up after being told that the place he was driving to was in chaos...so we are all taking advantage of an unexpected day off.



***ETA A Huge Thank You to Simonne who kindly answered my plea for a watermark....I have added it to the card above....and it is FAB-U-LOUS....Thanks so much Simonne, you are a star.***

10 comments:

Annie said...

adorable card Caz and love the pretty details. enjoy your snow day! hugs, annie x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card, love the combined stamps!
Clairexx

Riet said...

woww Caz what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful card.

Hugs
Petra

Stephanie said...

Love this card Caz - the colours are just lush

Forgot to mention it before but I think yoy have THE best Blog name - it tickles me everytime lol

Finally, got your card today, *giddy* It's smashing!! thank you so much (now I have an original M Ashby & an original C Sears - whoop!) Big Hugs, Steph xxx

tracie said...

Oh I love this card Caz, its adorable !! The paper and details are gorgeous.
hugs
Tracie :)x

COCO said...

oh Caz your card is aboluty nice !!!! very gorgeous !!!!!
hugs coco

Unknown said...

Oh this is just wonderful Caz - and my very favourite Magnolia stamp for a very long time!! Lol Lynn x

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous caz Love your take on this weeks sketch, Hugs Debbie x

Mrs Mayne said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x