Search This Blog

Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 3 "Love & Romance"

Here is my card for the challenge over on The Sugar Bowl. I have made a romantic card without using heart and pink and all my usual stuff.
I have used one of my new Elisabeth Bell stamps.....she is Spring has Sprung...and she is gorgeous. I have coloured her with Distress Inks using the following colours...
Tattered Rose (Skin)
Walnut Stain (Hair)
Spiced Marmalade (Dress & Hair Bow)
Peeled Paint (Apron)
Black Soot (Lambs face)
Weathered Wood (Shadow)
The papers are all from an old ScrapaGoGo kit and are by My Minds Eye. I have also used Prima blossoms attached with a brad and spacer. The swirls were done with a QK Revolution die (run through my CuttleBug), and the card was finished off with a sentiment using a ScrapaGoGo stamp from the July 2008 kit designed my Anam Stubbington, and I also added some Making Memories mini alpha stickers.

The stamp is so cute, and I cannot believe I am one of the first people to receive her....yay me. Hop on over to The Sugar Bowl and check out all the wonderful cards....there is a truly fabulous prize on offer.....6 Leanne Ellis stamps....either the first set, or the new set that is due for release.

13 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Caz. Great to see some less traditional colours for a romantic theme. You are so lucky to be playing with the new Elizabeth Bells. Love the swirls die you are using too... I feel a little online shopping coming on.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Lilian said...

That is a lovely image! Can't wait to have the new stamps...Have a great weekend and thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Kathy said...

Your so lucky!! But I am happy to get a peek of her!! Adorable card and lovely colors!! Your sentiment is perfect!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge :)Kathy

Anonymous said...

Sooo gorgeous hun :) Love these colours on her another fantastic card!!
You are on a roll.. arent ya?!
Hugs, Marlene xxx

LizzyWizzy said...

Gorgeous image!
Love how you made the card without red and pink :-)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Caz...& I LOVE the colours xxx BTW - how extensive is your stamp collection??!! Lucky girl :)

Riet said...

o what a gorgeous card.
amazing stamps.

hugs Riet.xx

sugarnellie said...

Love her and the colour combo, glad you like her and I look forward to seeing what else you make with your candy. TFS

Sylvia Blum said...

Ohhhh Caz, your card is gorgeous! And I'm so 'jealous' of you having this lovely, sweet and beautiful new stamps already :-) *sigh*
{hugs} Sylvia

Kazabing said...

What a lovely card. I feel the piggy pig getting raided for these stamps. They are gorgeous. Karen.x.

Annie said...

wow Caz! a gorgeous card and the firtst time I've seen this adorable image - and another one I've just got to have! hugs, annie x

Leonie said...

Great card Caz! Love the different color for a love card!

Leonie xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh so cute. I love the colours. She is beautiful. Kim